PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO A LACK OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS WE HAVE HAD TO CANCEL THE GAMES FOR 2019 - IF YOU WANT TO BE INVOLVED WE WILL BE ORGANISING A MEETING IN AUGUST OR SEPTEMBER TO SEE IF ANYONE IS ABLE TO JOIN THE COMMITTEE TO ENSURE THE GAMES CONTINUE IN 2020 AND BEYOND, PLEASE GET IN TOUCH IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.
Staged in the town of Oban at Mossfield Park, the games are locally called The People’s Games.
The games has all the favourite elements of a good Scottish Highland Games including caber tossing, hammer throwing and tug o’war - action you’d expect from a top event. You can even take part in the track and field events or just relax and enjoy the Highland Dancing Competition or Pipe Band Display.
- Traditional Heavy Weight Events
- Light Field, Track and Hill Race
- Highland Dancing
- Tug O’ War (confined), U12 Shinty Challenge (TBC), Rugby (TBC)
- Adults and Children’s Fun Races throughout the day (TBC)
- Hot Food, Licensed Tent, Various Attractive Stalls
- Fun Dog Show
- Produce and Crafts Tent
Admission: £7 Adult, £5 Children, £20 Family (also covers entry to heavies and track and field events)